- The cost is $37.00.
- No cost for retired JSD teachers.
Friday's (early out/late start)
- Substitutes are paid a full day if they stay the full day, principal discretion.
- Begins 15 minutes before students arrive to 15 minutes after dismissal.
- Substitutes are paid a full day if they stay the full day.
- Hourly pay is received if the substitute stays for less than a full day.
- Modified Traditional Schools (Bluffdale & Riverside Elementaries) will be paid an extra hour to accommodate for the longer school day.
- Valley High school works 10 hour days (M-Th).
Part-time JSD Employees - may now substitute. Must apply to become a substitute through Skyward Employee Access and may work up to 25 hours per week combined total.
- Substitutes are expected to work according to school needs during preparation periods (including covering other classes) and be flexible to fill in where needed, without additional compensation.
Frontline (formerly AESOP)
- The standard call time is 5:30 A.M. each morning. (link to a pdf for customizing the settings)
- Teacher substitutes must work a minimum of four times per month between September and May. Extenuating circumstances should be reported to Juli Martin in advance.
- Teacher substitutes working fewer than four times a month will be inactivated and must reapply.