All positions require a successful background check to be paid by the prospective employee. A fee of $37 will be paid prior to hire.
- Must be 21 years old to apply and a High School diploma
- Associates Degree or minimum of 60 semester hours *
- Special School Substitute: 18 years olds with a High School diploma may apply to work as a substitute at Kauri Sue Hamilton, South Valley and River's Edge schools.
- Application screening for Special Schools is completed by the principal.
- Teacher substitutes must work a minimum of four times per month.
- Drivers must be 21 years old to apply and a High School diploma
- Attendants must be 18 years old and have a High School diploma
- CDL with passenger and bus endorsement are required, but training is provided by JSD prior to hire.
- JSD provides each new driver with about 40-60 hours of training, both in the classroom and behind the wheel of a bus. This training takes from 2-4 weeks. Written driver license tests must be taken at the DMV, but the driving test is done by our qualified staff. Drivers are subject to randon drug testing and must pass a criminal background check.
- Application screening for Transportation Substitutes is completed by the Transportation Department.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Candidate must have a current Food Handler’s Permit.
- Reimbursement for your food handler's permit can be obtained and non slip shoes from Nutrition Services after completing the hiring process.
- Substitute Nutrition workers must work a minimum of once a month.